Hello and Welcome


Hello. Welcome to my new blog...'Between the Jackets'. What's it about? Life. Everything that happens between the jackets of birth and death. The real story. It's about people of all shapes and sizes, different personalities, unusual struggles, and funny situations. This also includes children, animals, crawling, creeping, and swimming creatures.

Let's face it, some days life serves you a big plate of worms. Not very tasty in my opinion. Other days it's a 'picture perfect' stuffed turkey next to a crystal dish filled with cranberry sauce. Yum! And please don't forget there are going to be those 'cheeseburger and fries' days, which essentially boils down to the funny, awkward, and in between moments of day to day living. Because life is pretty much unpredictable, I'm going to do my best at getting it right. Some days I know I won't. The best books and stories ever written come from personal experience and the struggles we face every day. These struggles we eventually overcome and, oftentimes, laugh about. They are the hidden treasures that make up the space 'Between the Jackets' and are well worth remembering.

Monday, November 12, 2012

I Don't Feel Like I Can Dance?


I don't feel like I can....?

I don't feel like I can dance. I'm only 14, but at my school dances, everyone is always pestering me about it!!

Sometimes I dance when I'm by myself and I dance horribly!! Please help!!

Post links if preferred... ;)

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

You know the more you dance the better you get, right? So you need to dance. Dance is something that bubbles up from inside you that wants to get out...you hear a beat...and you can't resist moving. Dance is expression; there are so many ways to do it. Walking is an expression, exercising, running...every movement we make is expressive. Dance is part of who we are; it's all around us.

Classes are a good idea, but if you don't have the money or time...try listening to music at home, outside, everywhere you can and dance and have fun. Enjoy yourself. Move those feet and arms...just let go. Don't worry about who might see you. If you want to dance...you need to be more concerned with dancing and letting yourself go than who might be watching.

Watch television shows about dance. Study the dancers you see. Try some of their moves. There are several movies on dancing, too. Try the Step Up 1,2,3 movies...and have some fun. Sometimes, telling yourself you can't dance and believing it is like telling someone you hate tacos. Then one day a friend asks, "Have you ever tried taco's?" You shake your head, no, and say, "I just know I don't like them." Your friend is surprised. "How can you say you don't like tacos if you've never tried them?" So one day, when no one is looking, you go buy a couple of tacos, eat every bite, and decide that you love tacos.

Dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment